Wednesday 20 April 2016

New project

Given that I already have a 1812-1814 French infantry brigade (see here), I have decided to paint another one. This is the quickest route towards mustering a division I could wargame with.

The first brigade was using the Calpe miniatures 'route marche' range. Out of the 96 miniatures I painted, there were over 50 different poses. Such a wide range of miniatures... call if Calpe madness, I think this is amazing :)

Since then, the 'march attack' range has been added. And it got even more crazy. I will have 96 different miniatures in my 96-strong brigade! There are even more available, but I'll stick with four 24-men battalions. And if I still have energy in the end, I will add the 'tete de colonne' vignettes.

I've ordered the first 24 fusiliers. As usual, little flash and strong bayonets. I only spotted one moulding issue: a half missing pompom, which will easily get fixed using green stuff.


I've decided to compare Perry vs Calpe size, in case it interests anyone. I had a Perry NCO in greatcoat in hand and used it in the comparison. See for yourself:

Calpe left, Perry right

Calpe left, Perry right

Calpe left, Perry right

Height is similar. Maybe an extra mm for the Calpe. But Calpe is definitely thicker - I find the Perry more realistic, but the details are crispier on the Calpe. Also, I think the Calpe rifles look great!

This may well keep me busy for the rest of 2016. Oh and yes, I still have my four Cuirassiers regiments to base! (see here)

No comments:

Post a Comment