|the 1st Brigade, painted in 2013-2014 - but not based.|
- paint a 2nd Brigade of identical size (four 24-strong battalions)
- make it one line regiment plus one light regiment (two battalions each)
- keep the same painting style (use of washes)
- add a four guns battery (and a limber)
- add generals
- add some vignettes - namely a regimental band, and a detached pioneers section.
The resulting plan is summed up on the diagram below. Note that the 1st Brigade, highlighter in grey (general excepted), is already painted, but not based.
|click on picture to enlarge|
Ideally I will use Calpe Miniatures only. I say ideally because gunners, generals and staff are yet to be released. Guns are available, but the limber is not. I will use Perry Miniatures to complement the Calpe range if needs be - I would not loose in quality, but the style is quite different.
This project could well last me over a year. I have two very demanding little girls to care for after all (!!). If I run out of stamina, I could well see the two vignettes go. And even the limber. We shall see how fast (or should I say how slow!) I get on with my four battalions. Wish me good luck!