Thursday 22 December 2016

Late 2016 update

It is now nearly 6 months into my 2nd infantry Brigade project. Progress has been slow, but steady. Of four 24-strong battalions, I am close to having finished two.

So first is the 1st battalion of the 35th line infantry regiment, dressed in the 1812 (Bardin) regulation. Calpe Miniatures, 28mm. GMB designs flag. War-bases MDF bases.







Next is the 2nd battalion (recognisable to the white flag and the absence of Eagle). Four bases are done out of the six needed.




The last 8 miniatures are well under way. The basic colours have been blocked and a sepia wash applied. The officer only is finished (note that it required very little washing, since I wanted the white of his uniform to be proper clean).





Well, that's is for 2016. I will definitely finish this regiment in the New Year, but let us see what my new year resolutions will be. Stick with the division goal, or take a break with a completely different unit? We shall see! Any suggestion?




8 comments:

  1. Fantastic work. I get so much inspiration looking at quality paint jobs like these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen your blog before but just noticed your location in your profile. I'm jealous to have such a nice collection and so close to me. Keep up the good work. It's still faster than me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Waterloo - and thanks! Don't be jealous, it is a small collection compared to most people I have met at the local clubs. Do you attend any wargaming club in the area?

      Delete
  3. Hi. My hobby is more around the painting and collecting and I am not too aware of the gaming/club side of things although I do admire the finished projects people have at shows. But what would we do if we didn't have lots of unpainted figures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I paint and collect before I play. I actually find very little time to play (a handful of games a year at best). Nevertheless I try to stay focused and build forces that may eventually make it to a gaming table ;)

      Delete
    2. I have a few painting projects on the go but only a couple of armies I could game with. Current project is an 1815 large skirmish game. Hence keeping an eye on your blog. You have stayed more focused than me but I hope to get back on track.

      Delete
  4. Superb! Wonderful job and most impressive figures!

    ReplyDelete